Friday, December 2, 2011


This week I decided to put off on trying to make CG faster.
Instead, I am starting to put other parts of the simulation into the GPU.

I started by trying to get velocity advection to work but later switched gears to getting density advection to work. It seemed to me like a good thing to do because it involves less functions where things can go wrong. If it works I can be sure that the common functions to all advections are working, so if the other advections don't work, then I already have a bunch of possible places for error ruled out.

But I have no further developments in this area. I am slowly checking that I haven't missed any details in the implementation of the functions in the GPU also checking the accessing of the data and such.

Let's see how this goes this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment